Oolong Creme | Sloane Tea
This signature oolong from the Wuyi Mountains in China is said to have come about when the moon fell in love with a comet. The comet passed her by, as comets will do. The moon cried milky tears which chilled the tea fields, withering the leaves and giving them a delicate creaminess.
This rich oolong tea is rolled into semi-balled form and opens into a beautiful long leaf when steeped.
When steeped as an iced tea, it very simply transforms into a remarkably refreshing thirst-quencher.
TEA PROFILE Golden yellow liquor, medium-bodied and creamy with a rich and lengthy linger.
- TASTE AND STRENGTH Delightfully creamy and refreshing.
WHEN TO DRINK Delightful in the afternoon or evening.
STEEPING INSTRUCTIONS Steep 1 teaspoon per 12 ounces of less than boiling water for 3-4 minutes, depending on taste.
This oolong tea takes exceptionally well to multiple infusions, providing for unique nuances in flavour each time.
ICED TEA BREWING INSTRUCTIONS (to make 1 litre/quart)
- Boil 2 cups of water and pour over 7tsp. (approximately 14g) of tea, in a heat-safe pitcher.
- Steep for 12 min and then fill with 2 cups of cold water.
- Remove tea leaves (Sloane Sachet) from pitcher.
- Garnish with fresh mint, blueberries, or citrus slices.